The phrase “orange eyes” makes an appearance in Episode 122: Secret Military Enochian Technology as a an eerie and unidentified pack of figures with orange eyes! Although today’s Creature Feature Friday is not the same type of strange entity (we just couldn’t pass up the show plug!), ORANGE EYES is still a creepy, formidable mystery. Check out these 5 details about the monster known as Orange Eyes:
1) The aptly named Orange Eyes is a rare, gigantic, orange-eyed hominid monster that has been spotted in Ohio several times since the late 1950s.
2) Bearing a likeness to an enormous Sasquatch, a number of eyewitnesses have reported seeing this 11-foot-tall ape-like creature, who weighs close to 1,000 pounds. Whatever he is, Orange Eyes is a big brute.
3) Much like the plot of a B-movie horror flick, Orange Eyes is believed to have originally lived under a cemetery, and began his reign of terror in 1959 when he attacked two teenagers who were cuddled up on Lover's Lane. (Yes, that is actually the name of the road in Ohio where Orange Eyes first appeared.)
4) Though he has remained a famous mystery for decades, Orange Eyes has not been glimpsed since 1991 when he scared the waders off a pair of anglers fishing near Willis Creek. Which is a good thing, because he sounds huge and terrifying.
5) Since every story has its skeptics, there are some who claim that Orange Eyes is, in fact, nothing more than a fanatical hermit living in the woods. To create the illusion of Orange Eyes, they surmise the hermit has a stick on which he’s nailed two orange bike reflectors, which he logically waves around as he runs through the trees. If that is in fact the case, then the hermit 1) has been successfully fooling locals with bike reflectors for over 50 years, and 2) really needs a new hobby; has he even heard of Fortnite?